Tuesday, October 11, 2011

028

dear baby eric:

i have a ridiculous head cold and there's not much i can do about it because i'm in my seventh month of pregnancy. apparently, over-the-counter medications to alleviate cold symptoms aren't safe for ladies in their third trimester. still, i called the doctor this afternoon hoping he could do something for me, and he said i could take sudafed every so often -- just not SO often. it's been 90 or so minutes since i popped a couple pills and i've yet to experience any relief. so it now feels as if my belly and/or my head will explode any minute.

i think it's funny, baby, that people think i'm not very pregnant. they look at my belly and assume i'm only about four or five months along, and they're surprised when i tell them i'm in my third trimester. i hope that means you're healthy. the doctor never seems worried when he measures my belly or listens to your heartbeat, which means to me that you're right on track. but i hope you're a hearty kid. i don't want you to be a pipsqueak.

by the way, baby, today's my birthday. i'm 28 weeks along now, which means there's only 12 more to go. some photos:






No comments:

Post a Comment