Wednesday, August 3, 2011

018

dearest baby,

tomorrow we find out if you're a boy or a girl! knowing your gender will make things all the more realistic, i think.

so far this week...a lot less nausea but many more aches and pains. i crawl into bed in the mid-afternoon and loathe getting out of it. truthfully, i pretty much stay in bed for the rest of the evening. maybe that's not the healthiest thing, but my tummy feels SO heavy and aches so much. sleeping has been difficult lately as well. my hips and back feel like they're out of alignment. i can't stay in the same position for too long, and i'm limited to laying on my sides. it's been difficult to get used to those positions because i'm normally a tummy-sleeper, but you've grown big enough recently that it's quite uncomfortable to lay face-down. laying on my back is uncomfortable, too. your weight goes onto my bladder and unevenly over my hips and feels very awkward.

despite all my complaining, i love knowing you're in my belly, growing and progressing and doing whatever it is you do while you're in there. i wish i could feel you move. sometimes i think i do, but those feelings aren't consistent. i look forward to the day i feel your first solid kick. maybe when that actually happens, though, i'll eat those words.

i love you, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment